About 75% of CIRI members are corporate practitioners – people who are responsible for the investor relations (IR) function at a publicly-traded company. The remaining 25% of CIRI's member base is split between IR consultants and vendors that provide products and services to investor relations professionals.
The following individuals will benefit from becoming a CIRI member:
Back to Top
As a member of CIRI, you will have the opportunity to share your experience and draw upon the wisdom of other CIRI members. You will have a role in Canada’s only organization dedicated to advancing the practice of investor relations.
CIRI is dedicated to supporting its members by helping them stay on top or their profession and keep abreast of best practices in IR through educational events, networking opportunities and timely, relevant publications.
As a CIRI Member you Benefit from:
You may apply for membership online. Upon receipt of your completed form and payment, you will be sent your Membership Handbook, all CIRI publications that are free to members and your Username/Password for CIRI.org.
A CIRI membership is in the name of the individual, not the employer organization. Memberships may be transferred between individuals with the written permission of the original member and a completed application from the new member ($75 transfer fee applies).
Chapters of CIRI are located in British Columbia (Vancouver), Alberta (Calgary), Ontario (Toronto) and Quebec (Montreal).
Each chapter holds its own programs with guest speakers on timely and informative topics. These meetings may be held with a breakfast, luncheon or dinner. Chapters also offer half-day workshops and seminars.
Chapter members can attend these meetings at a reduced rate. Chapters will, from time to time, provide extra value to their members through Chapter member-only events, by providing free publications, or through draws and contests open only to the Chapter members.
A Chapter membership is included in your CIRI membership .
Back to top
Dues, including a Chapter membership, are $740 plus applicable taxes.
There is an additional $75 fee (plus applicable taxes) for processing a new or transferred membership.
Payment may be made by VISA, MasterCard or by cheque made payable to the Canadian Investor Relations Institute.
You still pay the whole membership fee, but when renewal notices are sent out in mid-November, you will be invoiced for a pro-rated amount to move your membership onto a calendar year basis.
For example, if you join in July 2020, your membership is valid through to July 2021. When renewal invoices are mailed in November 2020 you will receive an invoice for August - December 2021 only.
It's simple - any current member who refers a new member to CIRI will receive a $100.00 credit valid for the calendar year in which it is issued.
You are already telling people about CIRI and the many great benefits of membership, so why not reap the rewards from a referral. Direct your prospective referral to CIRI.org to apply online. Once their membership is processed you will receive a $100.00 credit.
This $100.00 credit (after taxes) can be used on your:
The new CIRI member must put your name down as a referral on the application form (under How did you hear of CIRI?). The referral must be made when they are applying for membership. The new member cannot have been a CIRI member during the past 12 months. Existing membership transfers are not included as new members.
This program financially rewards our suppliers and consultants for bringing new members to CIRI.
You simply have three new individuals join CIRI and ensure they reference your company on the member application. Then you will receive either a free new CIRI membership or a refund of an existing membership (some conditions apply).
For specific details and conditions of the program please click here.
Be informed. Be connected. Be current… Be financially rewarded.
In 1998, CIRI entered into a Strategic Alliance with NIRI. Part of this alliance is the package listed below. This package is of particular interest to those working with or for listed companies in the U.S.A. This package can be added to any membership at anytime during the year. The cost of the package is an additional $195.00 annually plus applicable taxes.
Member rates on:
Please note that complete access to the member section of NIRI.org is NOT included in the Global Subscriber Package.
Back to Top
"I have now been a member of CIRI for over 20 years and the support that CIRI provides to Investor Relations professionals is remarkable. The networking opportunities with my peers as well as the lunches and conferences have helped immensely in my development as an IR officer.” - Linda Armstrong, CPIR, Senior Investor Relations Consultant