Refer a Friend Program
What is the Refer a Friend Program?
As a member, you are already telling people about CIRI and the many great benefits of membership, so why not reap the rewards from a referral. Direct your referral to complete the online membership application and ask them to cite you as the ‘Referral from’. Once their membership is processed, you will receive a $25 gift card or a $100 credit with CIRI.
The $25 gift card is from your choice of:
- Starbucks; or
- Tim Hortons.
This $100 credit can be used on your:
- Annual Conference registration;
- Essentials of IR registration; or
- Next year's annual membership renewal dues.
Why should you refer new members?
- To enhance and strengthen your community of peers for collaboration and networking.
- To ensure CIRI’s continued growth and support of Canada’s IR profession.
- To get $25 to spend at amazon.ca, Starbucks or Tim Hortons or to save $100 on your membership renewal, Annual Conference registration or Essentials of IR registration.
How do I qualify?
The new CIRI member must reference you as the ‘Referral from’ on the member application (under the section: How did you hear about CIRI?). The referral must be made when they are applying for membership.
When do you get your reward?
You will receive your $25 gift card or $100 credit with CIRI once the membership has been fully processed.
Are there any terms and conditions?
The new member cannot have been a CIRI member during the past 12 months.
- Existing membership transfers are not included as new members.
- The new member must be from a company that is not affiliated through ownership (full or partial) of the referring member.
- The new member can only reference one referring member on the application.
- This program is ongoing; however, the $100 credit must be redeemed during the calendar year in which it is issued. The credit will be tracked by CIRI and applied when you advise us of which option you have selected. The credit is applied after taxes.
Are there limits to how many referrals you can make?
There are no limits on how many referrals an existing CIRI member can make in a calendar year.
Refer a friend today by using the online membership application! Have more questions? Contact Lora Turner to learn more.
Be informed. Be connected. Be current… Refer a friend to CIRI today!
Please be advised this program is subject to change without notice.