CIRI Professional Development:
CIRI develops the trusted professional development IROs need to practice IR at the highest level. Below is a complete listing of our professional development, including descriptions, timing and links to access them.
Note: You must be signed in to register for professional development. Sign in using your email address as your username and previously created password.
- Certification – Formal, accredited education in the field of IR through a ten-month program that covers all relevant areas of this multi-disciplinary role including capital markets, corporate governance, securities law, finance and communications. The next program starts in September 2019.
- Chapter Events – Regional events in our four Chapter provinces (BC, AB, ON and QC) on a variety of IR-related issues and topics. These events run throughout the year.
- Annual Conference – A two and a half day educational and networking event that brings IR, governance and capital markets experts together to discuss issues and best practices in IR and related fields. CIRI’s 2019 Annual Conference is June 9-11, 2019 in Halifax, NS.
- Essentials of IR – A two-day educational and networking event for those new to the IR profession that covers the core responsibilities of the IR function. The next event takes place mid-September 2019.
- Small Cap Symposium – A half-day educational and networking event that explores IR issues and challenges unique to small cap issuers. The next event will be on January 22, 2019 in Vancouver.
- ESG Workshop – A workshop examining ESG frameworks, research, reporting and the investment decision-making process from different perspectives. This workshop takes place in the fall 2019.
- Free-to-member Webinars – Several free-to-member webinars offered each year to explore a particular IR-related issue or topic. These webinars take place several times throughout the year.
CIRI’s Events Calendar allows you to see all upcoming events offered across Canada. Not only do these events keep you informed of the changes, best practices and emerging trends in IR and related areas, they provide you the opportunity to network with your peers. Check back often to see what we have planned and get involved.